Legacy Awards Deadline February 5th, 2021
In the last seven years, six children or grandchildren of Lodge #249 members have been awarded Legacy Scholarships.
It is a wonderful opportunity for children or grandchildren on our members to compete for, and potentially receive $4000 toward their education.
Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships available to children and grandchildren of Elks members. Eligibility requirements are outlined below.
The 2021 contest opened on September 1, 2020.
The deadline for applications is February 5, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. Central Time.
Read below for eligibility information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- For the 2021 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2018, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2018, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2021. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only. The 2021 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 5, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. Central Time.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- We have waived the standardized test requirement for the 2021 Legacy contest. You do not need to submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student wins more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- If you are selected as a 2021 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform service once a year with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship. Click here for more information about serving with the Elks.
The 2021 Legacy Awards Contest Opens September 1.
- The student must complete and submit the ONLINE application. The 2021 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 5, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. Central Time.
- The Elk sponsor’s membership will be verified through the BPOE Grand Lodge headquarters.
- When a student registers to complete the online application, both the applicant and Lodge Secretary will be notified by email.
- If you have questions about your online Legacy Awards application, contact the ENF Scholarship Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Legacy Awards FAQ page.
- Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will receive a notification that the application was received. Winners will be announced in late April 2021.
Note: Because the contest begins in one Lodge year and the winners are announced in the next, a Legacy Award could go to the child or grandchild of a lapsed member. An applicant’s Elk parent or grandparent must be a paid-up member in good standing at the time of application, but if the Elk chooses not to renew membership, that decision will not affect the outcome of the Legacy Awards contest.