Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships for children and grandchildren of Elks members. The Foundation will offer a total of 300 awards in the 2018 contest, an increase of 50 awards.
Moscow Lodge #249 currently has four students attending college on legacy scholarships of $4000 each.
The deadline for applications for the 2018 contest will be February 2, 2018 at 11:59 a.m. Central Time.
For additional information and applications click here
- For the 2018 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2015, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2015, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2018. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only. The 2018 Legacy Awards application deadline is 11:59 a.m. Central Time on Friday, February 2, 2018.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- Applicants must take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) by December 31, 2017.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student qualifies for more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and
- state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- If you are selected as a 2018 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform service once a year with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship. Click here for more information about serving with the Elks.