- This event has passed.
Covid-19 trial golf — 🏌️♂️
April 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
2020 COVID Trial format for the possibility of further events (Sunday Opening Breakfast/Scramble Plan) – April 26th
MISSION: It is the goal of the Golf Club to host a unique and well organized opening day 4 man scramble, which ensures the protection from the spread of COVID-19 for our members and staff. Members concerned about their own, or the health of their families, are encouraged NOT to participate. Members who are uncomfortable in participating in the opening scramble (or league) should know there will be no penalty towards season standings if they do not participate. This is intended to help many of our members who are struggling with the isolation of social distancing measures and to get the season at the Elks Lodge #249 started off on the right foot. It is the intention of the Golf Club to put on an event that is safe and sends a message to the community about social responsibility. The policies and procedures we are implementing for this event will help us to protect our membership for the duration of the COVID-19 quarantine.
The following procedures will be implemented for the Sunday Opening Scramble
- Bobbi will be preparing breakfast burritos that can be picked up to go. She will have them individually wrapped using all proper precautions. Only 1 member allowed in the club house at a time to use restroom or order from bar. Please try to avoid using cash. Card is preferred.
- Teams will be spaced via tee times and a starter at the first tee. The spacing will be in 12 minute increments in order to keep groups safely spaced apart. The first tee time will start at 9 A.M. Please do not come to the course or club house more than 30 minutes before your tee time.
- Captains of each team wanting to participate will email Bill Myers by APRIL 19th with the subject line “ELKS SCRAMBLE” (email@example.com) include:
- 1) Team Name
- 2) Captains name
- 3) other 3 players names
- 4) 3 preferred tee times
** Groups with older members will be given first priority in order to limit their exposure. **
- Bill Myers and Colin Briggs have volunteered to work as starters and spacing enforcers. They will limit groups to 1 up at the club house, 1 at the teeing area, and 1 at the 1st tee box. It is their job to help members adhere to the precautions laid out by the scramble organizers and help avoid congregation in any area before and after teams tee off.
- Please bring your own coolers for beverages but do not bring them inside. Bobbi will be happy to help fill them up and ice them down for you.
- The putting greens will be closed for the opening day scramble to limit congregation and contamination areas. Alternating stalls at the range will be closed for the same reason. This will leave only 4 stalls so the team waiting to tee off may warm up after they pay at the club house.
- Please refrain from socializing in the parking lot, club house or deck area before or after your round. Remember that those kinds of actions may shed a bad light on the image of our organization and the many community leaders that also share our course with us.
- Please adhere to the on-course precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19. DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAGSTICK, THE CUP, OR ANYTHING ELSE ON THE COURSE. Try to limit the number of common areas we all touch.
- Wayne will be set up at the far window of the patio/dining room. He will take people 1 AT A TIME to pay league dues, GHIN fees, membership dues and season pass/range pass/cart fees. Please bring checks not cash, not all fees can be paid on the same check.
- Members are encouraged to walk. This is healthier for everyone and the course as well. If you do ride it is recommended to only have 1 player to a cart unless they are from the same household. The course will not be renting their carts out for the scramble. This is to limit the need for excess labor to sterilize the carts in accordance to the mandated policies.
- To avoid congregation results will be collected by Bill Myers and then emailed out to the membership as well as posted to the ELKS 249 Face book page.
- The tournament will be a 9 hole scramble. Players will be allowed to go around again only in open spots on the tee sheet or anytime after the last group goes out.
|TIME||TEAM NAME||CAPTAIN||PLAYER 2||PLAYER 3||PLAYER 4|