The golf season is wrapping up in terms of planned activities, but offers some of the best golf opportunities of the year. Matt has kept the place in excellent shape.
Come on out and take advantage of the fall golf season, with a bit more roll for us older folks, thinner rough, and typically some of the best weather the Palouse has to offer.
We will be having a weekend of home-and-home interclub golf with the Colfax course on the 13th and 14th of the month, and a tentative season closing best-ball event at the end of the month. Information will follow.
Fall is also the time to begin planning for next year. We tried a few new things this year (some worked/some need tweaks/some we won’t try again) and would like your suggestions for additions, modifications and improvements.
I hope that everyone has had a great summer and looking forward to some cooler weather as fall rolls in. I surely am getting older as time seems to fly by much faster than wanted.
September brings us a whole new month with events and hopefully continued golfing for our members. The Food Caravan will be happening on September 13 in Boise so please put this on your calendar if you would like to attend. This most likely will be the last one so if you’re interested in participating, please contact the office for details.
We will be back to our regularly scheduled meetings for September and October with one meeting being held in November and December. Please see the website for details of all events at elks249.com.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the Lodge to participate and support our summer events. A big thank you goes out to all of the members who worked very hard putting the events on for you! Without the dedication of these people you would not have the opportunities to enjoy our fine Lodge and its amenities. If you know of someone who has “gone beyond” please tell them “thank you”. A smile and kudos goes a long way.
As summer comes to a close, please continue to come out and support your Lodge. We have some fun events coming up that I am sure you will want to be a part of. Support your Lodge and if you have any great ideas you would like to see us pursue, please contact any board member, the office or officers. We are all here to make a difference and we can only do that by your support.
Alicia Neely, ER
Moscow Lodge #249
August 9th & 10th will see the renewal of the Exalted Ruler’s Cup net play tournament.
This tournament was traditionally held here at the course, but has not been held for several years. Many courses have an event like this called a President’s Cup as a “net club championship” event.
The format will be –
- A two day full handicap (GHIN required) medal play event open to members of Elks Lodge #249.
- Entry fee $20.
- The golf committee will be adding funds to the payout – approximately $100 per flight depending on participants. All entry fees will be returned as payout.
- Based on 16 person fights payout would be
- 1st — $168
- 2nd — $126
- 3rd – $84
- 4th — $42
- 1st day (Saturday 8/9) – play with your own group – must have other tournament participant in group. Turn in signed and attested card to pro shop. Play must be completed and card turned in by 7:00 PM for purposes of pairings.
- 2nd day will be paired, with tee times starting at 8:30 AM. Pairing will be posted at elks249.com as soon as completed – probably between 7:00 and 7:30 Saturday evening and available at the pro shop (882-3015).
- Field will be flighted if 24 or more players participate. If flighted, no less than 12 or more than 18 players will be in each flight.
Sole Survivor winner -- Ken Jordan